Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sight Seeing in Alabama

I love vacation! Even if it is a short one. The middle of October we traveled to West Tennessee via the state of Alabama. We stayed off the Interstate and took the back roads sight seeing all the way! Our best stop was at Little River Falls on SR 35, east of Fort Payne. The leaves where just starting to turn and the weather was great. We drove up the mountain parkway to the top of the gorge. The overlook of the river was breathtaking. As I stood there admiring the view I saw this kayaker disappear into the woods. I thought alright! I can follow him and get some close-up shots. But when I entered the edge of the woods, there where nothing but cliffs and the kayaker had disappeared! A few minutes later I see him and several more making their way down the river and around the rocks. It was truly a sight to see. I am glad it was them and not me! I will stick to my photography.

For more pictures of the falls, check out my website at www.FletcherFotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment